Bitcoin Job: Platform Developer
Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Platform Developer to join our growing development team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the bitcoin space.
- Be a part of a dedicated team committed to stability and robustness.
- Build reusable, modular code libraries for use across Blockchain’s product line.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability.
- Employ advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
- Design and implement caching systems on a several levels.
- Build large-scale infrastructural data systems using open-source technologies.
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
- Expose backend data to front-end teams for product development.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Experience working with Java and relational databases in an enterprise environment.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale websites.
- You thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- An understanding of how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation and proper test coverage.
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Catered lunches on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Great office location in London (Shoreditch) or New York (Soho).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).